Sunday 31 October 2010

Offa's dyke : Day 1 complete

I am currently 450 metres above sea level perched on top of a hill in my tent - not exactly what I had in mind, on the plus side the weather is calm and there's no noise (it's quieter than my sex-life!).
The reason I find myself here is because, in an attempt to snatch an extra mile or two in the fading light, I was set-upon by a gang of fog and could not see more than a few meters thus my only option was to camp for the night and get going as early as possible tomorrow.
The day has been fairly successful, I've managed 15 miles (about what I hoped for), my body has not suffered too badly and I'm already in my sleeping bag :)

Menu del dia:
Chicken Cup-a-soup
Super-Noodles (made with water from a puddle)
Loads of chocolate
Granola and other healthy shit

Hopefully the phone signal tomorrow will be better than today - The future's bright, The future's .... Not got a bloody signal!!!!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment