Wednesday 3 November 2010

Offa's dyke : day 4

When I last updated I had completed about 59 miles and was looking across the flooded valley plotting a detour, before I had a chance to get there I had a different detour after some arse had moved a sign and I ended-up in completely the wrong place. It took a while but I found myself back to the path, when I did I found that my actual route was not flooded as it followed a canal towpath. This was at 60 miles, half a mile later my left ankle gave up. I laboured on for 3 miles considering the options (try and finish the walk in 10 days or potentially give up completely). Then, as quickly as the pain started, it resided.
I managed to keep going For another 6 miles (the last 2 in darkness) before a missed turning and pain in my right ankle bought me to a halt again.
I am now tented and ready for sleep having spent 12.5 hours walking and got to 70 miles, another big push tomorrow (hopefully) !!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment