Tuesday 2 November 2010

Offa's dyke : day 3

After some good steady progress this morning the Wheels fell-off. Shortly after lunch my left achilles, obviously in the same union as my blistered right heel, decided that it would start causing me pain aswell. Having laboured for a few miles both seemed to ease and I was able to get back to speed, I should have known this was too good to be true.
A very nice lady in a post office yesterday evening offered to make me a hot chocolate as I was buying some sweets, I declined politely as it was already dark and I wanted to make up some more miles - I fear this may have angered the Welsh gods!!
Back to this afternoon, not only did the heavens open - torrential rain that is still going as I write this, the gale force winds returned and if that wasn't enough the footpaths suddenly the most shambolic pile of arse I've ever walked on!
Despite all this I'm only a few miles behind schedule, although I now have only one set of usable clothes - hopefully a couple of dry days and they'll be back. I'm currently just short of 50 miles and if everything goes well tomorrow, an early start and good weather, I may be able to gain some miles back. If all else fails I'm in a field with loads of sheep. . . I believe that's called a leisure centre in these parts!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment