Friday 9 November 2012

The Druid Challenge -30 miles

That was certainly one of the toughest days I've ever had as a runner and the longest distance I've run thus far.
We finally finished today after 6 hours 15 minutes on the trail, it was not a forgiving route either. Undulating from start to finish and at times really awkward underfoot, my legs have taken an absolute beating - calves and hamstrings equally broken. The only consolation is that my lungs, which I was particularly worried about after a week with a cold, survived brilliantly.
The word from thosr who know is that the remaining two days ate not as brutal as tofay, a small boost for a famaged individual! Hopefully a good nights sleep will fix me.
The organisation is terriffic and  the chevkpoints had Haribo Starmix, I might have been under 6 hours if they  did not, I'll settle for that compromise though, we also had a nice spaghetti bolognaise for tea and a beer - all events should be like this but without the pain!
8am start tommorrow, what kind of unholy hour is that? Hopefully I'll be updating after another duccessful day.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment