Wednesday 18 September 2013

Älmhult, Sweden

By usual standards this was meant to be a relaxed holiday, obviously I wasn't going to be sat by a pool but at least things aren't supposed to be too mad. That idea didn't really go so well. 2 alarms set for 3 o'clock, a 6:50am flight and waking up at 6am - not a winning combination.
Many expletives later, a 10 minute phone call to BA and £150 paid out, new flight at 2:35pm. I spent the next few hours desperately trying not to fall asleep, I was not missing 2 flights in the same day.
Despite being long, my day has subsequently gone smoothly. RailAir, flights and trains all pretty much on time and so, as 8pm arrived I was on the outskirts of Älmhult (home of the first ever IKEA, although aparently it's now gone), my resting place gor the next 2 days.
Beer and homemade pizza awaited my arrival, I may have been 8 hours late but better late than never. I don't really have any margin for error on the next travelling sections of this trip so might be wise not screw-up any more!
Sleep beckons now.

No comments:

Post a Comment