Thursday 19 September 2013

Älmhult, Sweden

I generally do not conform with the norm when holidays are concerned, trekking up mountains or trying to kill myself in unforgiving environments, today has been one one of those days but for completely different reasons.
A much needed, and this time intended, lay-in has got my calmness back and a day spent in the placid town of Älmhult has been an amazing tonic to my normal existance.
Patrick and Silke very kindly allowed me to stay with them and it has been so nice to be able to potter about leisurely, going for a bike ride to the nearby lake and even just helping entertain their children for a short while. Tonight we had a fantastic Thai curry and German beer with some really nice neighbours coming round, turns out no-one in Sweden is actually Swedish - all English or German.Tomorrow I depart for Oslo and a very different few days, I shall certainly miss this place.
The bloody Swedish rail website is faulty at the present and I'm not 100% certain which train I need to getin the morningp I do know that it is going to be a very long day of travelling but it would be great to not miss another transport connection.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment