Tuesday 24 September 2013

Oslo t Yttermalung

After my recent transport issues I had another long day of travelling ahead of me - nearly 11 hours, 2 trains and a bus. This meant an early start again and I was not going to miss this one. Alarms set for 6am and I actually woke up before they went off, my bag was packed from the night before so I showered, checked-out and took the short walk to the train station.
I actualy arrived 30mins before departure so I checked, double-checked and triple-checked that it was the right train on the right platform before boarding. It was 7:30am and the sun was starting creep above the horizon as we left Oslo.
Thr journey from Oslo to Halldberg eas just over 4 hours and a spectacular landscape to observe throughout. As we approached Hallsberg station I was poisef with my bags near the doors - I was not about to miss my stop.
At this point the lady stood next started getting a bit weird, my non-medic background thought anxiety (looked a bit shakey, mumbling to herself). I offered some comforting words, she then fell through me, both of us over her vast suitcase and she slumped to the floor. I'm not familiar with seizures or attacks of this nature but I thought she was on her way out, the convulsing was one thing but to see someones eyes roll that far back in the socket was truly un-nerving (something out of a horror movie).
Although people were attending to her I wonder if it looked really bad leaving the train promptly when we arrived, it didn't matter as the train went nowhere for about half an hour whilst paramedics helped the lady.
Good news all round, the woman was helped off the train and was walking, the rest of my journey went smoothly and I arrived in Yttermalung at 18:20.
I've included a photo of the Oslo sunrise, it doesn't do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment