Wednesday 19 October 2011

Offa's Dyke 2011: day 1 - 12 miles

After a long afternoon, the latter part of which presented me with some uncomfortably steep hills, I am now safely cocooned in my tent. I am now 1 mile north of Kington (OS 292,583) which is a few miles further than I originally expected and already 12 miles into the journey. Despite increasingly heavy legs as the day went on and the hills got more challenging, the day has proved a success.
Tomorrow, not likely to be the hardest day, should prove critical as I try to position myself at the foot of the black mountains ready for fridays ascent, any distance I don't cover poses the potential of losing a day in the mountains and this is weighing on my mind as heavy as before.
For now though I shall get an early night, my lancashire hotpot has filled me nicely and my decision to abandon hiking socks in favour of running socks has prove correct - no soreness or blisters at all.
Hope the sun shines again tomorrow!!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment