Thursday 20 October 2011

Offa's Dyke 2011: day 2 - 15 miles

Bloody hell, if I needed any preparation for the mountains the first hour this morning has been it. A 1 mile, 250 metre, descent followed by a 2 mile, 350 metre, ascent - I'm knackered.
After a 9 o'clock start I'm already 3 miles into the days walk and with the terrain being so undulating that's good news. The next few miles should be predominantly downhill as well.
The weather this morning is perfect, sun shining and a chilly breeze to keep things cool, there is talk of rain this afternoon which is a little concerning. I'm currently sat about 420m above sea level and the views all around me are spectacular so I shall not let such conjecture dampen my spirits, just hope it's wrong.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment