Wednesday 26 October 2011

Offa's Dyke 2011: day 5 - Sedbury cliffs

Today may only have been 8 miles and less than 4 hours of walking but to me it was so much more. When I left the trail almost a year in, what me be said, a fairly rough condition I had no real wish to return but I not really one to let things go.
A week of spare holiday and my amazing trek in Sweden earlier in the year, that was all that was needed to convince me (although I'm not sure everyone else saw it the same way) it was time to return. Even I was pretty anxious about going back and the uncertainty of the Welsh weather does nothing to calm the nerves, snow, frost, torrential rain, fog, gales anything is possible at this time of year.
As my blog has described, I was lucky this time round (much better than last year) and really couldn't have asked for much more in october.
I have been pleased by my strength and fitness which this year have, like the weather, been greatly improved and meant that my completion of Offa's Dyke has come a day earlier than planned
- also with a lot less pain and blisters than previous.
Anyway, my task is over and I can let it go now and plot the next episode in my slightly unnecessary approach to holidaying. I hope you can find as much happiness in the sight of this plain old lump of rock as I did.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment