Saturday 22 October 2011

Offa's Dyke 2011: day 4 - 57 miles

You have an awful lot of time to think whilst you are walking large distances, the things I find myself wondering most:
1 - why when I'm walking do I feel strong and energetic on odd numbered days yet laboured and weary on even numbered days, this trend seems irrespective of terrain and conditions.
2 - why when I'm sleeping in a tent can I only ever sleep for 1 or 2 hours before waking up and having to restart the process.

Today, if you didn't read the top of the blog, is an even numbered day and I'm feeling devoid of energy so I've stopped for lunch in the hope that hotpot and mash will revive me.
It's a really beautiful day here and the surroundings are very pleasant, more importantly it's only 22ish miles to Chepstow.
I really fancy a huge burger with bacon and cheese at this moment, it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment