Wednesday 3 August 2011

Day 2

Having completed the epic train journey at lunchtime today, the last couple of hours of which were breathtaking, I am now at the Abisko fell-station. The tent is up and I am currently sipping on a lemon tea, this is the relaxing part of camping unlike some of the days ahead of me which I suspect will be a touch more demanding.
The temperature has dropped from yesterday but despite partial cloud the sun is shining and when out of the shade it is just about t-shirt weather. Further decrease is expected over the week but when on the move this should not pose any real problems.
The fell-station itself is excellent and is set to an amazing backdrop of razor-edged mountains to the south, a fjord to the north and a white-water river racing through the gorge to the west. More importantly I've had my first shower for nearly 2 days and I have a reservation made at the restaurant for 6:45 (sadly no reindeer).
Having been immersed in this surrounding for 4 hours now my excitement is already off the scale and as much as I am enjoying this moment I just cannot wait for tomorrow.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment