Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 9: Kiruna

The return to the real world starts here, after my last night under canvas and another patchy sleep I was up at reasonable hour (before 10am) - I know that doesn't terribly early but when it doesn't get dark and you spend most of the 'night' clock-watching, it's not that bad.
Having spotted, the previous night, that there was an earlier bus than the one I was booked on, I decided to try my luck, very kindly they allowed me on board and I was able to make the 63km (1 hour 15min) journey to Kiruna 4 hours earlier than intended.
The road itself was a comical mix of A-road with patches of dirt track thrown in but we made it on time and I now have a several hour wait before the sleeper train arrives to take me south towards Stockholm.
Now begins part two of my trip, the cross- country, inter-rail adventure that will eventually lead me to Malmo (hopefully in time for saturday's half-marathon). The small matter of approximately 31 hours on public transport lie between my present location and my final destination, although a day with my friend and the promise of moose-burgers and beer make it all worthwhile.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment