Monday 10 September 2012

TMB - Day 4 : Triente (35km)

A much more enjoyable day so far, I've reset my target and now intend to finish in Courmayeur. The pressure to keep going at all costs is now off and with a daily average of about 15km I can actually enjoy this quite amazing place.
Had a bit of a lie-in this morning and have done about 6km, I've now stopped in Trient for a spot of lunch. My french was just about enough to be understood but not to the point that I knew exactly what I'd ordered - I had a rough idea. Turns out it was the mother of all cheese on toast.
Think I'll need all energy I can get I've got a really steep climb ahead of me followed by a longer less steep climb.
Here are more pictures, please note in particular the 3 stage cheese on toast from Cafe Moret - pure cholesterol goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Alan Glad you had a good pictures look great , we hope you are not suffering to much to enjoy the views , take it steady . Love mum & dad

    ReplyDelete