Thursday 13 September 2012

TMB - Day 8: In a tent, on a mountain, freezing (85km)

So this would appear to be my last day walking the TMB and what a way to stsrt, I knew when I pitched the tent last night that I was at an altitude where it would be considerably below zero.
It is now 5.45am and I have just had to make an emergency pee break, the temperature inside the tent is 3.5 degrees and I've slowly put more layers on during the night. I am in my sleeping bag wearing everything I had on yesterday, jacket, hat, gloves, the lot.
Going to try a bit more sleep, it'll be a few hours yet before the sun is high enough to warm this side of the valley :(

1 comment:

  1. Brrrrr!! A little on the chilly side then?!
    Hope it warms up soon and you enjoy the last day of your adventure. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete