Tuesday 11 September 2012

TMB - Day 5: La Fouly (67km)

It's been a busy afternoon and I've managed to get significantly further on. The path, as was suggested, was fairly even - although in this part of the world that is considerably different to Britain.
From the pitutesque scenery of Chanpex this afternoon was actually quite low-key, wooded hillsides and valley meadows (still very pretty).
The excellent news for anyone who has to come into contact with me is that I am at a proper campsite and have had my first shower and change of clothes in 5 days - considering the amount of sweat I've produced it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
On a less enjoyable note the weather has taken a severe turn for the worse, it is raining heavily and there is thunder overhead. The forecast for tomorrow is as bad and likely to be snow above 2000m - I'm supposed to be climbing Grand Col Ferret (2537m). Might be a day in the tent and catch up time later in the week, they just be wrong like  UK weather forecasters.
I'm on the weakest wi-fi in the world but I'm going to try and send a photo, if that works more may follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment