Wednesday 12 September 2012

TMB - Day 6 La Fouly (67km)

Despite the rain falling for most of the day, thankfully it has now stopped, spent a really enjoyable evening chatting with a Scot and 3 Belgians. A good chance to exchange stories of the trip so far and share European similarities such as being crap at football and losing the Eurovision song contest - a bit of politics as well just to lighten the mood.
Sadly the others are all heading north as I continue my journey south. It will also be the first time I get to face the bitter alpine winds and should be faced with minus temperatures. All my thermals will be on and I shall not be hanging about, it has already dropped to 3 degrees this evening so at least that has given some preparation after the scorching days I've had upto now. The big thing is the Grand Col, once I'm over that things will be a touch easier and it is meant to warm up towards the weekend.
My focus is now solely on this mountain and having already waited a day I'll be relieved to get it done and look forward to some slightly less daunting walking in my final few days.
Going to try and sleep now so I'm ready for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment